This week, we spent time continuing to design the prototype and met with the museum to go over our ideas. After receiving some feedback & finalizing a presentation date, we are moving forward this coming week with creating an executable version by next Saturday.
I personally have spent time learning how to code in order to make sure the App Flow / User Flow works properly, since that is the role I've taken on in this project. Hopefully, with continuing to learn Swift, we can make an app that works with all of our ideas & content by the end of this week. Of course, the most difficult tasks will be learning how to incorporate the Augmented Reality itself, and working with the 3D models. Hopefully, with our delegation of tasks, we can complete our own versions by the weekend. Afterwards, the team will come together on all of the material to make sure that we have developed a cohesive product / app.
This week is the halfway point, and it is all about putting our heads down, and putting our heads together to execute our goal. Seeing as it was the halfway point, we also had personal 1-on-1 meetings with Anna to discuss our personal and professional goals from the beginning of the internship. I feel like I'm in a good place, but there is more work to be done. Hopefully, after tackling the coding assignment I've been given, I can spend time to catch up where I might be a little behind. As a team, we met with Ali Biro - she helped us work on our LinkedIn profiles and gave us tips on how to best make ourselves known to recruiters in the future. We learnt some useful things that could help us expand our professional reach when searching for job opportunities, and I'll definitely be using them in the future.